Tuesday 14 April 2009

Tiercel on evening watch, and other bird life around the Catherdral






















I use a 400D or 40D canon body with a 100-400mm telephoto or a 300mm prime lens which I us with a 1.4 X TC or a 2.0 X TC. I am still learning as I go a long, but good light, and being in the right place is perhaps the most influencing factor to getting my photos. I know what you mean about depth of field. When trying to get close shots of small birds, it takes some mastering, again if the light is good the depth of field can be increased.
I went down to Catherdral last night not much happening Peregrine wise, but all looked well with the tiercel appearing just before dark to take up watch. Loads of other birdlife below and around the Catherdral.
The Derby Peregrine blog can use anything it likes Nick, which is doing a sterling job, and if I can be of any help at all, I will. One of my plans if it works out is to get detailed photo's of captive Peregrine chick development to sort of run along side the Catherdal chicks, which is sort of in trouble already because the Catherdral Peregrines laided early. But hopefully they wont be to far behind.
Regards Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment